Thursday, September 13, 2012

Decadent Tart + Taboo Eats 2012

Hello fellow blog readers and food eaters!

How have you been?
Personally, I've been extra busy. Seems like time just flies by without me noticing!

I have a little news to share with y'all today.

On Friday morning of last week, Sept 7, I awoke to a newspaper carefully placed and framing a certain article. That said article was about a new culinary competition in the city of Ottawa. It's called Taboo Eats.
(tabooeats.com)

Upon reading the article, I realized that this newspaper was placed there for a reason (thanks mom). I needed to find out more.

So I said screw the shower, I need to check this out first. I clicked and fell in love with the concept! It's this event, where non-chefs get to present their food to a crowd. Festival style. This is the perfect opportunity for me to test out a recipe on other people than my friends and family. (I love you all, but you are a bit biased after all hehe <3)

So I signed up, found my recipe and just this morning, I dropped off my sample.
This is the part where you cross your fingers, and toes for me. They are selecting a few "competitors" for the main event on Sept. 29.

I'll find out tomorrow at 5 ish. OH! And it's at one of the coolest places in the City. The old Jail. I've been there about 5 times. It's rich in history and... ghost stories. I'm a HUGE fan of ghost stories so this event is pretty much made for me.

I guess you're wondering what I made huh?
It's called Decadent Tart. It's pretty much a re-organized tart. It has a flaky pie crust-like cracker. Red wine poached pears, rosemary whipped goat cheese and maple praline pecans.

Now, this happened so fast today, that I completely forgot to take pictures! But hopefully, I'll get picked and then I'll some extra good pictures to show you all.

I will keep you poster on whether or not i make it! Wish me luck!

recipe to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment