Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kale chips

This one is addictive. You were warned.
It may not look like much, but trust me, you won't be disappointed.

But first, what is kale and why is it so popular lately?
Well my friends, it's a super food. It's got loads of vitamins, fiber AND protein. It's extremely healthy but just as delicious.

This recipe, I'm sure, will prove my point.

What cha need :

1 bunch of fresh kale
2 tablespoons of olive oil or grape seed oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper

And the steps are just as easy.

-Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Wash and DRY WELL you kale leaves. You can use a salad spinner for this.
- Cut out the big veins (the stems).
- Shred the leaves into smaller pieces and toss in a bowl.
- Pour in the oil of your choice, the salt, pepper, onion powder and the cayenne pepper and mix well. I usually use my hands. It lets me make sure that all the pieces are covered perfectly.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop in the over for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When they are crispy, they are ready to be devoured. Because, dearest, you will devour them.


I realize it doesn't look ultra appetizing. Below, I've found a better image. Though it's not mine and it's not the same recipe, the look is pretty much the same!



Not my picture, but I just wanted to show you how good it looks when you take the time to put them in a bowl :)



 I've been sharing this recipe a lot lately, and so far, I've gotten quite a few people addicted to the stuff.

It's yummy and it's healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I will need to try those unless i get some who knows :) JC39

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, these chips are highly addictive and filled with nutrients. I'm hooked on kale.

    ReplyDelete