Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yummy Greens

Another recipe? Why not!

I've been racking my brain, trying to figure out what to make for dinner, when TA DAM I remembered something I made not too long ago.

It can be a side dish, or a snack, or you could even put it on top of pasta or rice. I usually just make it, toss in a bowl and eat it like that.

It's sauteed Brussels sprouts, green beans and broccoli.

All of which, I'm sure are your favorites. *cough cough*
I never understood why people didn't like these 3. Sure the Brussels sprouts are an acquired taste, but once you've tried it in a recipe that you liked, you will love them from then on.

Very easy. And very good.

You'll need:

- 10 medium size fresh Brussels sprouts
- about 2 handfuls of fresh green beans
- 10 pieces of fresh broccoli, about the same size as the sprouts
- Earth balance butter (or margarine or.. if you insist, butter)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Grape seed oil


- Start off by blanching your veggies. In a sauce pan, drop them in and cover them with water. Over medium-high heat, bring it to a boil and let the veggie blanch for about 5 minutes. Strain them well.

- Now, in a frying pan, also over medium-high, drop in about 1 tablespoon of butter and the same amount of oil
- Add the garlic, toss it around a bit and then drop the veggies in. Toss them around as well.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well.
- Let the veggies cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until you notice them getting golden brown and a bit crunchy.

That's it. They are ready. Super easy, healthy and delish.


2 comments:

  1. Ok id try that even if usually i hate those little Belgium capital sprouts but it looks good like that JC39

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this simple yet delicious side dish yesterday. Instead of grape seed oil, I used coconut oil. I can finally say I enjoy the taste of Brussel sprouts.

    ReplyDelete