Friday, July 13, 2012

Well looky here—Guest Blogger—You Are What You Eat

Hi y'all.
Today's post is not a recipe. Well, maybe it kind of is, but not a "delicious-in-my-mouth" type of recipe. It's more of a lifestyle thing.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our very own, very first Guest Blogger!
Everybody say hi to Andrea! (Hi Andrea!) She is not only someone I loved working with, but she's been a shoulder for me, an ear and a friend. We are lucky that she wrote us a little somethin' somethin'. So without further ado, here is what she had to say!

P.s she left her info at the bottom, please check it out! It's VERY inspiring.

You Are What You Eat

For months I had been ignoring the subtle messages i.e. nausea, indigestion etc. my body was sending me to change my diet. It seemed nonsensical to me since I already eliminated dairy products, red meat, pork, refined flours, processed sugars and gluten.
So what was I going to eat? I wondered, because the smell of chicken, turkey and seafood became repulsive. Where was I going to get my protein? These were questions that hounded me and had me declaring to Roxanne how I love my lean meats and seafood.
I was resistant to switch to a vegan diet. But when my digestive system imploded, I heard the message loud and clear. So I educated myself and asked Roxanne many questions.
My ignorance dissipated. I no longer walked in a health food store and curled my nose at hemp, spelt, millet, quinoa, chia and flax seed. To me it sounded like bird food. However, knowledge is power!
I gradually incorporated these organic foods and went full-fledged vegan four months ago. Not only do I feel healthy, the meals are simple to prepare and satisfying.
One of my favorite recipes by Roxanne is kale chips. After I tasted one, I could not stop. They are highly addictive and because I love them so much, I forwarded the recipe to Anderson Cooper. This was part of a campaign to convert Anderson to enjoy kale. He’s not much into eating vegetables.
Maybe you aren’t either. That’s okay. I’m not advocating for others to become a vegan or implying that it’s a better way to eat. What I am suggesting, is to be mindful of the foods you put in your body. I believe you can eat anything, as long as it’s in moderation. After all, you are what you eat.
Biography
Andrea Lewis lives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. She is the author of Dramaville is a not a place; it’s a state of mind. Her memoir promises to be filled with drama, emotional turmoil and an inspiration to never give up! Connect with Andrea at http://www.andreamlewis.com

1 comment:

  1. To me, it's a matter how keeping your mind open about unconventional foods and finding out what works for you, vegan or not. I'm sure your body is thanking you now and more power to you! Very inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete