Monday, March 12, 2012

6 recipes, one day—Part 6—Caramelized banana pancake

This one... is decadent.
It's so rich, so sweet, so... heavenly. I had something very similar at a local pub (Highlander), and ever since I had that first bite, I told myself I had to try to recreate it.

Though this one isn't exactly like the one I had, it's still soooo darn good.
But beware, it's big and it's hella sweet. You were warned.

You will need (this was for 2 people):

  • Pancakes ( I don't have a recipe for them. You can use any pancake recipe that you know and love)
Caramelized bananas
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cups of butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
Cream cheese filling:
  • 1 pack of cream cheese at room temperature
  • 2 table spoon of vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of sugar

  • Nutella or any chocolate-nutty spread you have
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of cinnamon

1. Make your pancakes, according to your recipe. Set aside.
2. Take you cream cheese, drop it in a bowl and mix in the vanilla and sugar. Make sure it's well blended. Set aside.
3. In a frying pan, melt 1/4 cup of butter and pop in the 2 bananas. Brown them for about a minute on each side and then add the sugar. Make sure the bananas are well covered with both the butter and sugar. Cook them for about 5-10 minutes. Or until you actually see the caramel forming.
4. Now all you need to do is take a pancake, put flat in a plate. In the middle of the pancake, spread a bit of the chocolate spread. Spread some of the cream cheese filling. Drop a banana on top and roll.
Sprinkle a bit of sugar and cinnamon on top... and get ready.



SO good. I would advise you to share. It's a whole lot to take on for one person. 

This is it. The 6 recipes we made in one day.
For me, it was pretty easy and enjoyable. I hope that it was the same for my friend. I may have to have a little chat with him.

Maybe I should give him a test... you know, just to see if he actually listened.

I hope you will try some of those recipes, and PLEASE, let me know how it went!

Till then, take care y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment