Monday, June 4, 2012

Cool snack

So, this weekend I was out and about trying to get every last item needed to finally pack my suitcase (I'm leaving in 4 days! YAY!) when I came across these really cute Popsicle molds (see bellow)
I instantly craved for ice cream. Being that they were only 5.99, I bought the cuties and brought them home.
Now, I had to figure something nice and refreshing to make and I came up with this:

Coconut "ice cream cones"
Super easy. Sugar free. Dairy-free and deeeelicious.

Here are the ingredients (according to the size and number of molds)

  • 1 cup of coconut cream, unsweetened (you can use coconut milk, but the cream is silkier and thicker)
  • 4-5 black berries
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons of splenda or 1 tablespoon of stevia.  You could also add real sugar, syrup or honey.
  • 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix (yep, you read right)
  1. Separate the coconut cream in half, into two bowls.
  2. In one bowl, add half the vanilla, all the berries and half the sweetener.
  3. Mix well, making sure to mash the berries.
  4. Fill two of the molds.



  1. Using the rest of the coconut cream, sweetener and vanilla, add the hot chocolate mix. Mix well and fill the other molds.


  1. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until the mixture is hard and cold.



That's it! All that's left to do is to enjoy them whenever you feel like!
you can also try it plain vanilla, cherry, choco-mint (using fresh mint), coconut-pineapple. The possibilities are endless!


2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the Popsicle molds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winners! I'm guessing you could find them at homesense as well.

      Delete